It’s already mid-July. Actually, nearer the end. How did that happen? I looked and I last wrote an outraged post about Trump on May 27, and have written nothing since.
It’s not that Trump has done nothing outrageous since then. Almost daily you look at the news and go “wait what? what did he say?” along with a heaping of “no, surely he’s not that dumb oh god he’s that dumb” and “who could possibly believe anything this guy says?”
Work got busy. I became a candidate for a party office (i.e., not something that will bring me a paycheck should I be fortunate enough to win, and probably there will be no glory either). My health thing meandered through several doctors to a diagnosis (I’ll live).
It feels like there hasn’t been a lot of room for breathing. Or doing anything but breathe in one’s spare time (watching an entire season of Dr. Who was important … and if you are watching an entire season of the Doctor, maybe there isn’t that much time for other things).
- I’ll live in terms of my health. I need to get more of the right kind of exercise (and who doesn’t, really?). And probably lose some weight (always).
- I’ve read some books. Some were better than others. Most were life-affirming in some ways. And reading some light mysteries is good for my stress levels.
- Other people around me went/are going through their own health things. Those are their stories; but I care. That goes for cats too.
- There’s a lot of politics going on right now. Maybe not where you are, but here in Illinois several important things have gone on a) they passed a budget which the governor vetoed and then they overrode — first time in 2 years we’ve had a budget; and b) governor candidates are all over the place wanting attention. Some are better than others; all deserve some attention.
- I’m running for state central committee. This is the committee that votes to make Mike Madigan chair of the Democratic Party of Illinois. Put like that, it sounds fun, eh?
- My kid has a summer job. Yea! He has to apply for college next fall. (wait, what?)
- Saw Wonder Woman: loved it. My favorite comic book character, despite my current fondness for the Marvel cinematic universe.
- Work takes up a lot of time. Becoming a fan of universal basic income and universal health coverage. A part-time job would work for me.
- Why is it so hard to think of things to cook for dinner?
- Trump and his coterie are still evil. So is Rauner. Why we think putting the wealthy in charge is a good idea is beyond me. Evil and incompetent, all in one. Blech.